Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Chiara's recital

Speaking about performances Chiara's piano recital is on June 14. This time it will be held in a church on 5th Ave, with a lovely Steinway grand. We are getting the space for free as Rachel, Chiara's teacher, collects items for charity at these functions. For every recital Chiara has been in we have brought some item for donation. The item depends on the theme, be it winter things or shoes, this time it will be toiletries. These items are donated to an organization run by Catholic nuns for children with mothers in jail. Rachel is Mormon, the church we will be performing at is Episcopalian.

4 comments:

Kamala! said...

Tell Chiara I thought she sounded great when she played her piece.

elm said...

I surely wish I would be there to here you play Chiara. What are you playing, by the way. elm

elm said...

how is that for bad spelling? I guess I should read what I write! elm

Sara said...

Chiara's playing Bach's Minuet in G (of course), "Can You Feel the Love Tonight" from the Lion King, and Beethoven's Turkish March as a duet with Isabella.
Chandran