Monday, June 4, 2007

Lake Shakespeare

I'm looking for input about this summer's production. I'd be happy to do the writing, but I'm thinking it's time to pass along the directing. Eliza said she might be interested. So: any suggestions for which play? Maybe we could do some sonnets, or even Venus & Adonis. Maybe not. Rape of Lucrece would be interesting. The Phoenix & the Turtle is nice and short, but would present daunting wardrobe challenges. Will Eliza's timing work out, and does she want to spend her lake time directing? Does anyone?
Discuss.

10 comments:

elm said...

Please, do not let the ball drop! It is so valuable, yes, difficult to be director, like pulling teeth. But so valuable.

elm said...

This is from Popop.
Perhaps this year we can let each kid select (with appropriate guidance) a soliloquy or a scene with two persons and present it with some introduction about the story and the context. I think that Eliza taking over the gig is a great idea but I am not sure that she will have enough time this year.
Popop

Sara said...

Good idea.
Sara

Kamala! said...

I like Popop's idea as well!

K2 said...

I like Popop's idea, too. I think that a musical number should be included. Perhaps somethig from Muppet Treasure Island. Or did Popop mean strictly Shalespeare?

Sara said...

How about Kiss Me Kate?

Kamala! said...

Someone could do Brush Up Your Shakespeare.If we go w/ this idea of small groups or monologues, the adults could participate also.

K2 said...

I'd participate in brush up your Shakespeare.

elm said...

I like all of the above.

How about NEW YORK STATE OF MIND by Billy Joel? I will look for music at Music Lovers after my lesson tomorrow.

EPC said...

i wil direct! i'll direct anyhting!!!