Monday, June 11, 2007

Oh no

Dear Jo,
I win.
I'd rather be doing homework than working in the hot sun for 8 hours with NO water. The water was turned off on the other side of the street. I really thought I was going to pass out for like 5 minutes there. And the maintence guys are old and cranky and not used to girls and they yell at you like you're a guy. Got sunburned. Got mosquito bitten. Had to carry hundreds of chairs, dozens of tables. SO BAD. And the FRIDGE. I have never cleaned up anything nastier than that fridge today. It was sick. The only good part of today was grilled cheese for lunch. I had 4 pieces. BADDD day. Like my only bad day I've had this year at camp.
Tonight was good though. We went to North Conway and played on the playground and I beat everyone at teatherball and we went to the 99 (restaurant).
Whyyy am I still awake? I'm gonna watch some Monk and go to sleep. If I have to do maintence again tomorrwo I quit camp. Sooo get ready for that.Just kidding.
SAM IS COMING HOME THE DAY AFTER TOMORROW!!! I showed people pictures of him, and Phil especially was like, holy crap he looks awesome. "He will be beating girls off with a stick this summer" -Kathy.
Rain rain rain.

3 comments:

Sara said...

I agree, Eliza wins. Cleaning out rotten food is the worst.

Sara said...

One summer in college, I worked for a landlord doing construction, but also evicting tenants (fun!). Once I was clearing out an apartment, and had to clean the fridge. When I opened it, I thought I was getting dizzy from the heat, because the inside walls were throbbing. No, on closer inspection, the entire inside was covered with a solid coating of maggots. I used paper towels. My crew chief went out and bought me some beers for that one.
Chandran

K2 said...

eLIZA WE DIDN'T GET WATER EITHER